- YAB Prime Minister on 5 June 2020 during the presentation of the National Economic Regeneration Plan (PENJANA) emphasized on the Government's initiative to strengthen and expand the implementation of the Buy Malaysian Product Campaign (KBBM) to stimulate and revitalize domestic economic growth through retail sector of RM10 million.
- To complement the implementation of KBBM, KPDNHEP also organizes KJM 2020 simultaneously as one of the comprehensive initiatives to restore and revitalize the retail sector in the country.
- The KBBM and KJM 2020 initiatives are seen to be able to increase domestic demand, especially to revive the country's economy which has been affected by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
OBJECTIVES OF ORGANIZING KJM 2020 PROGRAM
The objectives of organizing the KJM 2020 program are as follows:
- Stimulate the growth of the domestic economy by increasing the purchase of local goods while helping the industry to boost the activities of the affected retail sector during the PKP period.
- Restore the confidence of buyers and consumers to go out shopping and increase household spending affected by the implementation of PKP.
- Promote the use of MySales Tracker online application developed by KPDNHEP to the industry and consumers to facilitate access to information related to cheap sales activities that are and will be implemented throughout the country.