- DEFINITION OF CHEAP SALE PRICES
Traders offer goods at a lower price than previously offered:
- Showing comparison of two (2) prices i.e. pre and post-discount prices.
- Use of expressions or phrases such as "sale", "discount", "reduction", "best buy", "best price", "special price", "falling price", "lower daily price" or "half price offer".
PERIOD ALLOWED TO HOLD CHEAP SALES FOR 2019
Date and period established by the Controller of Trade Descriptions shall be three (3) times as follows :
- Early Year Sale – 1 January 2019 till 28 February 2019
- 1 Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival – 1 May 2019 till 31 July 2019
- Year End Sale – 1 October 2019 till 1 December 2019
Whereas the cheap sale period selected by trader is only one (1) time and the period for such sales must not exceed 30 days.
TRADER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO HOLD CHEAP SALES
Traders will need to present a Cheap Sales Notice which must be pasted in plain view or on files including storage via electronic means. If the dealer has multiple business branches, a copy of the sale notice should be distributed to the branch and must be displayed as described in Para 3.1.
Traders also need to include registration numbers and sales dates as well as KPDNHEP logos in any advertising. The KPDNHEP logo must be in the national language and must be handwritten or printed at a height of not less than 5 mm.
Traders must maintain a reasonable stock of the list of goods during the period of sale.
PROCEDURES OF APPLICATION FOR CHEAP SALE NOTICE
Application for the Cheap Sale Notice must be made online at https://njm.kpdnhep.gov.my/
Each trader will need to obtain a password to enable the application of a cheap sale notice.
Each application for the Cheap Sale Notice may be sent via online to any of the nearest State / District KPDNHEP offices.
Upon approval, the trader will print out the cheap sale notice and then display the notice at their respective premises.
CHEAP SALES EXEMPTED FROM APPLYING FOR NOTICE.
Traders hold conditional cheap sales namely :
- Discount offers are provided under any conditions of purchase
- Cheap sales through coupons, discount vouchers
- Cheap sale to Member Card holder
Traders offer cheap selling prices orally in premises.
Traders offer cheap sales on perishable goods such as bread, vegetables, fruits, fish, etc.