Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP) is responsible for processing application and issuing Made in Malaysia Logo marking to private or partnership businesses, private limited companies and cooperatives upon compliance with the requirements.
MADE IN MALAYSIA PRODUCT DEFINITION
Made in Malaysia Products
Any goods, materials, or services produced as a result of any manufacturing activity and include a variety of products.
Made in Malaysia
- For pre-packed goods, name and address of the manufacturer in Malaysia are specified on the wrapping, bag or container; and
- For other than packaged goods, items that are made, assembled, refurbished including those that have gone through final process in Malaysia. This final process is the transformation of semi-finished goods into finished goods.
Non-Made in Malaysia Products
- Items imported in large quantities, packaged and sold in this country.
- Imported semi-knocked down items are packaged or assembled here and sold in the country.
The Made in Malaysia Logo marking is an endorsement that the product is manufactured in Malaysia (country of origin).
APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Trade Description Act 2011 (Act 730)
(1) No person shall make any false representation by any means, whether direct or indirect, that any goods or services supplied by him or any methods adopted by him are of a kind supplied to or approved by any person including any government or government department or agency or any international body or agency whether in Malaysia or abroad.
(2) Subsection (1) shall have effect without prejudice to the provisions of any written law prohibiting or restricting the use of any name, emblem, insignia, seal, flag, pennant, title, coat-of-arms, sign, words or letters or any other form of description in the course of trade, business, calling or profession.
|Made in Malaysia Logo Without Approval|
| Corporate Body |
| Non-Corporate Body |
TERMS OF APPLICATION
- Companies must be registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) or with other registered bodies.
- Posses a valid operating license from the Local Authority (PBT).
- Posses a manufacturing license (if applicable)
- Finished products must involve manufacturing process activities.
- The product must be manufactured in Malaysia and consist of at least 51% local raw material / content.
- Companies are encouraged to obtain Intellectual Property registration from the Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia.
Made in Malaysian Logo Marking approval letter will be issued within 30 working days.
There will be no fee for Made in Malaysia Logo Marking application.
Validity period for Made in Malaysia Logo is 3 years. Submission of new application is required before expiry date.
Application can be performed online via http://spacedeals.infopengguna.com.
For more information on the Made in Malaysia Logo, please contact:
Business Development Division
Level 5 (Tower), Ministry of Domestic Trade
and Consumer Affairs (MDTCA),
No. 13, Persiaran Perdana, Precint 2,
Federal Government Administrative Centre,
62623 Putrajaya, Malaysia
Tel : 03 – 8882 5776 / 5769 / 6487 / 6160
Faks : 03 – 8882 5826