Made In Malaysia Logo
Marking of Made in Malaysia “Logo” in Malaysia by the industry began in 1997 as one of the Government’s initiative to encourage people prioritize Malaysian goods, due to the economic downturn suffered by the country back then. Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP) was appointed as the secretariat “Buy Malaysian Goods Campaign.” This is one of the component of the campaign approach by the industry itself to enhance Malaysian interest to consume Malaysian products offered in market.
THE DEFINITION OF MADE IN MALAYSIA
Any goods, materials, or services produced as a result of any manufacturing activity and include a variety of products..
Made in Malaysia
- For items available packs (pre-packed) means goods in the wrap, bag or container, has stated the name and address of the manufacturer in Malaysia; and
- For items other than the well-wrap available, means goods made, assembled, modified, and include items that have been through the last process in Malaysia. The final process is the transformation of semi-process to finished goods.
Not Made in Malaysia
- Goods imported in large quantities (bulk) and then packaged and sold in this country.
- Goods imported in a “semi-knocked down parts” installed (assembled) in Malaysia and sold in this country.
Made in Malaysia Logo is recognition of the determination that the products are made in Malaysia (country of origin).
The Made in Malaysia Logo outlines several objectives to achieve a positive impact on the economic stability of the country.
- To promote the use of Malaysian-made goods in the country and reduce the importation of foreign goods in the country;
- To change the typical perception and attitude towards Malaysian products. Building up the confident level as well as to realign the insight that local products have comparable quality to imported goods;
- To control the rate of inflation in the country similarly to avoid import inflation through imported goods; and
- To assist the Government’s efforts to stabilize the prices of goods at reasonable prices and reducing inflation.
LAW AND REGULATION
Issuance of letters of approval marking and Made in Malaysia Logo is subject to compliance with the Trade Descriptions Act 2011 [Act 730]
- Industrial Sectors (manufacturing);
- ICT Sectors (peripherals and hardware), and
- Other sectors that will be decided by the Committee.
Manufacturer falls under definition of the Industrial Co-ordination Act 1975 [Act 1975]
“Means a person who is engaged in any manufacturing activity”
- The company must be registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM) or with other registered bodies.
- Have a valid operating license from the Local Authority (PBT).
- Having a license to manufacture (if applicable).
- The products produced must involve the manufacturing process (manufacturing activity).
- The product must be manufactured in Malaysia and contain at least 51% of the substance/ local content.
- The company (applicant) is encouraged to seek registration for Intellectual Property (IP) from Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia.
PERIOD OF APPLICATION
Application received (completed) will be processed within 30 working days.
THE APPLICATION FEE
There is no application fee applies.
VALIDITY PERIOD OF APPLICATION
There is no validity period of application marking of Made in Malaysia Logo at the moment. However, any changes to the prior approval, a new application must be submitted again.
Please obtain an application online via http://spacedeals.1user.com
For more information on Marking of Made in Malaysia “Logo” please contact :
Business Development Division
5th Floor(Tower), Ministry of Domestic Trade
and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP),
No. 13, Persiaran Perdana, Precint 2,
62623 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Tel : 03 – 8882 5776/ 5769 / 6487
Fax : 03 – 8882 5826 / 6334