National Consultative Council of Hawkers and Petty Traders (M3PK)
Cabinet Meeting on 29 June 2012 noted the establishment of the National Consultative Council of Hawkers and Petty Traders (M3PK) and the State National Consultative Council of Hawkers and Petty Traders (M3PN), following the announcement of the Prime Minister on 27 May 2012 that the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP) will be responsible for the welfare of the hawkers and petty traders across the country.
- To be the official forum in creating steadfast hawkers and petty traders communities both economically and socially as well as to care for their welfare;
- To coordinate the implementation of programs and activities with relevant to the hawkers and petty traders at the central and state levels; and
- To be the intermediate between Federal Government, State Governments, Local Authorities and The Hawkers and Petty Traders Association throughout the country.
Consultative Council act as follows:
- To be a forum to channel input in planning and policy formulation, strategies, programs and activities that fits the development of hawkers and petty traders sector;
- To recommend relevant initiatives and development program for the hawkers and petty traders; and
- To increase cooperation between government agencies, hawkers and petty traders association and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to ensure policies and guidelines are effectively implemented.
Implementation in the Year 2017
- Implemented on 25th November 2017 during National Consultative Council of Hawkers and Petty Traders Vol. 1/2017 at Impiana Hotel, Ipoh, Perak.
- Development of Hawkers and Small Entrepreneurs Proposal was presented to YB Minister of KPDNHEP by the association.
- The Handover of Grand Aid/Business Loan Ceremony.