Small Franchise Financing Scheme (SPKF)
To help potential entrepreneurs venturing into franchise businesses and generate additional income, the Government through the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP) has introduced Franchise Micro-Franchising Scheme which offers a maximum funding up to RM50,000.
The scheme provides financing to prospective entrepreneurs to venture into micro-franchising which offers systematic and less risky businesses.
The scheme aims to provide small financial assistance (micro-franchising) to the local franchisee of low and middle income with a maximum financing up to RM50,000.
Terms and Conditions for Franchise Micro-Franchising Scheme:
|1.||Size of Financing||
RM 50,000 (Maximum)
RM 5,000 (Minimum)
|2.||Interest Rate||3% per annum on reducing balance|
|3.||Tenure||Maximum 5 years or based on the Franchise Agreement|
Criteria for the Franchise Micro-Franchising Scheme
- 21 years old and above and not more than 65 years on the date of application;
- Open to local franchisees with a local franchise business registered with Registrar of Franchise under Section 6 of Franchise Act 1998;
- Application should be made through a limited company / partnership / enterprise;
- Applicants are entrepreneurs who are owners / operators of the business;
- Has letter of offer from the local franchisors;
- Registered with Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM);
- 100% locally owned business (sole proprietorship / partnership / private ltd.)
- Not blacklisted by financial institutions (*CCRIS record shows outstanding installments not exceeding 2 months);
- Not declared as a bankrupt;
- Did not deal with any proceedings in court;
- Business conducted are shariah-based business;
- Franchise package not exceeding RM50,000 with 90% margin of financing including MRTA, legal fee and other related charges;
- Financing exceeding RM10,000 must obtain credit takaful coverage.
Download the application form here:
Send your application to:
Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (PNS)
Menara 7, Avenue 7
Bangsar South City
No.8 Jalan Kerinchi
59200 Kuala Lumpur
(Per: En. Zafrul Azman Azraai)
Tel : 03-2082 7788